Sunday, September 10, 2017

Saturday Snapshot... recycle cycle

When my kids were little, a long time ago, they use to watch some children's program that had a re cycle portion, and a little ditty would come up with "re cycle cycle" and some very unusual concoctions would appear.  Well I watch too... I was one of those hovering moms that watched and read everything my kids did, or at least the ones I knew they were reading.  It's only now that they are men, that they choose "stuff" for themselves.  I always felt if they were watching something I didn't approve of, we should "talk about it, and discuss, why they shouldn't watch it", this is not to say I didn't change the channel, I still do that.  I did want them however, to make wise choices,(if those wise choices didn't meet my wise choice, the book got returned, or the channel got changed anyway) and just saying " I don't want to watch it" or read it... or take part.  I hope it is true today.  HOPE!


Anyway, can't remember if I posted this earlier, but I recycled a little case, I suspect it was one of those portable record players.  It's little, maybe 9 inches by 12 inches. cute eh!  I lined it with burlap and now I'm going to figure out how I can add a pocket inside to hold my upholstery pins.  I always seem to stick my  hand into my tool box and stick a pin into it, or pierce myself with the tack remover.  AND  it's so cute!  Happy Snapshot Saturday

Hat Tip to Judy Westegaard -Jenkins (suitcase design) Madagascar Moth

4 comments:

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

What a good idea!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your really a star of the "waste not, want not" tribe! I love seeing your makeovers.

Jenny said...

That is a darling little case, dear Irene, and it will only get cuter and more useful in your capable hands. I like your take on being an involved parent: talk and explain, but in the end, you win. Haaahahaha xoxo

Vicki said...

That's so cute!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.